Terms & Conditions
- Payment - a 25% deposit is to be paid upon the signing of the contract. It is agreed that a payment for the full balance is given to our installers upon completion. All cheques should be crossed A/C payee and made payable to GTP HOME IMPROVEMENTS LTD hereafter referred to as "The Company".
- Deposit - Upon acceptance of quotation and signing of this contract and deposit paid, such deposit will be forfeited to The Company if the client in breach of this contract shall do any act which amounts to a repudiation and such forfeiture shall not affect The Company to recover damages from breach of contract. Only for a contract signed and negotiated on client’s premises:- During a period of five days commencing at the date of this contract, the contract can be cancelled in writing by the client with no costs allocated
- Alteration - It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that their requirements have been correctly interpreted, since alterations to product may be impossible after manufacture has commenced. Orders for goods made or obtained specially cannot be cancelled or the goods returned with The Company’s consent.
- Cancellation - It for whatever reasons and at any stage alteration or cancellation is desired, the client will fully be liable for any costs occurred.
- Extras - Any additional work required or ordered by the client shall be paid for by the client and is not to be included in the contract price. Variations to the schedule will not be permitted by The Company unless agreed to in writing prior to commencement of work. All additional work is to paid for in full at the time of ordering.
- Method - The contract price has been agreed on the understanding that work is carryout in the method decided by The Company with unreasonable interruption or delays may incur cost and necessitate and additional charge.
- Endeavour - Every endeavour will be made to complete the work within any period stated by The Company. Commencement and completion dates, however, are given in good faith. Responsibility cannot be accepted for any loss whatever, whether consequential or otherwise, arising from any delay in the completion of the scheduled work, or delivery day where supply only.
- Product - In pursuance of our policy of continued product improvement. The Company reserve the right to modify the design and specification of its products without notice. The Company are under no obligation to reproduce specifications previously supplied. Reasonable effort will be made to supply closest match.
- Condensation -There can be no guarantee relating to the effects of condensation of any external surfaces of double glazing products that are supplied or installed by The Company.
- Guarantee - All PVCu double-glazed products installed by The Company are covered by our 10 year guarantee. Additionally, we also provide an insurance-backed guarantee. Guarantees are only issued upon full payment of the contract.
- Liability - The Company is insured in the respect of public liabilities whilst engaged on the schedule of work at the client’s premises. No liability can be accepted for any damage to property or injury to persons, arising directly or indirectly, from any defect in the goods, or any costs, losses or expenses incurred or sustained by the client in connection with such goods prior to or subsequent to such defect becoming apparent. Our liability ceases on completion of the installation of any individual product and any damage or breakage causes by others becomes the clients responsibility.
Under no circumstances will The Company be liable to replace, repair or redecorate any internal decorated finishes, including ceramic tiles, wallpaper or other special features. The Company will, however, make good any damage caused to plaster, rendering, shingle-dashing, brickwork and floor boarding immediately surrounding the products installed. The Company, however will not be liable for failing to match existing rendering, shingle-dashing or brickwork.
Removal and replacement of telephone cables and curtains are the client’s responsibility.
- Building Regulations - All installations are carried out in accordance with the prevailing statutory Building Regulations. Where the contract is for supply only, it is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that any by-laws, regulations or statutes are complied with.
- Orders - are only accepted upon and subject to The Company’s terms and conditions of contract.
No omission by The Company to enforce it’s right under the contract whether by way of indulgence or otherwise shall be construed as a waiver of such rights
The contract shall be governed by the laws of England and the clients agrees to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. The contract does not effect your statutory rights.